Skip to main content

2015: Here's to the craziest year yet

2015 has been one hell of a crazy year for me, it has been a year of exploration, a year of pushing myself to try different things, of being my own true self without any self doubt and most especially, of me loving the value of traveling and going to places i have always dreamt of.

My Family, My Best Friend and Lover

I have been very grateful of all the under takings and short comings that i have experienced during the year that was, but i am more than thankful for the love and unending support of my family that really have pushed me to never be afraid of trying to do and achieved things that i am meant for. My family has always been my rock, i know that because of my hectic life due to my work, my dad often feels like i don't make time for them anymore, but God truly have blessed me with understanding parents that supports me financially and emotionally to help me go to to places i want - provided that i explore, experience and embody the places, the people and most especially the lives i need to touch.

To my half and half (halfsies) best friend, my sounding board - i am thankful to God for making you stay in my life. For being patient and never forgetting that though we dont see each other that often, you always make sure that coffee nights and brief days will always be our thing. To more love, talks and cups of coffee. I will forever be here for you and will never be tired of picking up the pieces of your thoughts for you -  Du Bist Mein Libster Freund.

To my lover and other half (we're not yet married okay.) Thanks for being patient to me, for understanding that my work needs most of my time, thank you for loving me without any requirements, for being designated surprise person. I hope that our relationship stays strong, dont worry, i will never get tired of being your cheerleader and will always remind you about your dreams and aspirations throughout our way. 


My Work

I'm also very thankful for all the people that have brought out the best in me in 2015, i am forever grateful to my family at work. To my colleagues who turned into my friends and eventually became my family, thank you very much for all the pieces of advice all of you have shared with me. For never hesitating to mentor me with such passion and concern. 

To my 2 mentors/friends - I am forever grateful for having 2 older siblings in the office - my best ate and best kuya at work. They have been truly the path that paved my way to grab opportunities and never hesitated to teach me how to light up a room with humour and wit. To adventures and multiple envelopes in the future. I am forever grateful. 

To my other boss - to that one mentor who have pushed me to be the best me, who taught me how to speak in front of people without fear (and without being sing-song-y), i will never forget the times we have spent 2015 together) for showing me the world-literally- to more adventures together!

To my main boss, if you get to know her more, i know that all of you will look up to her with awe in your faces. She truly is that kind of boss, who will push you to greater heights, of being able to speak with your thoughts while still maintaining your passion and your heart on your sleeve. To everything i am and will be, i will forever look up to her. 

Here's to the craziest year yet! Thank you for all the bumps and stop overs; to more adventures and memories; thank you for reminding me that there will always be people who will doubt and bring you down: thank you for always believing that I am stronger and capable of dreaming and doing big things; thank you for a great run 2015. You were truly insane!!!


Hey 2016, are you ready for me? let's do this!

xoxo

Banana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff:Jan 16' #ReadingStash

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Omnibus Special Edition (Don't Sweat the Small Stuffs,  DSTSS at Work and  DSTSS about Money) After a boring day at the pad, i met up with my best friend (call her halfsies) over our traditional coffee and junk food session- which takes about 2-4 hours max, i was very glad she was back in the city coz i truly missed her. Anyway, after our our session we randomly decided to go the bookstore near my place to check out books - we never really planned to buy anything but lo and behold one book literally shined - and this is the book by Richard Carlson "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff", so i decided to buy it. Within an hour of reading the book, i was already feeling the aura of changing stuffs in my life, can you believe it that within an hour i was so damned into the book that i read 100 pages of it. God it so good. So i'll just leave it her, just so if anyone of you wants to ask me what book should you read to start the year right, i

Unsaid Thoughts

This is past few months has been quite challenging for me, my personal life is infact, a whirlwind in the literal sense, there's the moments of me almost giving up my job, for i dont feel very much compensated, i mean, dont get me wrong, i love the job i am in, it doesnt pay well but the experiences and the fact that though i am young, and i am able to handle different projects (several in fact) that young ones cannot chance upon, i love my job, the people i work with and my ever resilient, very powerful woman boss that i have. But as a millenial, there are moments when you even think if you even want to continue what you are doing, there are the quarter life crisis moments lingering at the back of your head, whispering fuck up thoughts telling you to quit and  move on, to a greener pasture perhaps? or maybe a job that will tell you that you are worth it and that you are important. You know, a girl gotta have her spare coins to waste, but in my case, i dont have any, i have bee

Lying to be Perfect

We are all Cinderella no matter what size, within each one of us there is unique beauty and grace. Finding that beauty, however, isn't easy. See, Cinderella had to first recognize that the problem wasn't her evil step mother. The problem was that it was easier to hide out cleaning the house than to go out and find happiness. She needed a fairy-godmother to empower her with the kind of self-confidence it takes to reject the insecurity brought on by unrealistic, over cheating, air brush, anorexic princess images in the media.  - Nola (Lying to be Perfect) Here I am, wrapped fabulously in my black aero shirt and skimpy leggings staring at my figure in a full mirror at my pad, yeah I guess this isn’t the best I could pull off from my disaster of a closet, but moreover the real reason I am blogging right now is that because I came into a conclusion in my life… and believe me when I tell you that this is a big thing for me. After watching the Cinderella Pact starring