Skip to main content

NOTE TO SELF #2016



Turn the night lights off. The things that scare you do not live in the dark. Wear the moonshine on your hipbones, do not let lovers get drunk off you unless they speak tsunamis, too. You will learn this the hard way; you became condensation when you were meant to be thunder. Now you are sky. Your heart is not a bomb. Plant it wisely, utilised what you do and don’t know if its beat, do not settle for the bruise of tribal music you are not passionate about. There are drums in your ribs for a reason. If you must, take them out yourself and be your own rhythm. Remember to put them back in after. Or don’t. You know the romance of one-way tickets well. Leave yourself where yourself wishes to be left, do not over think. Leave room in your wrists for the things you can’t take with you. There will be plenty, trust me. If you leave empty handed, make sure your knees are dirty. The earth made you its child for a reason and every city’s soil grows new seeds in your spine. One day your courage will thank you for believing in it. A reminder. Your pulse is a typhoon, carry it open-palmed and inebriated. Let it breathe when you fear it will destroy. It won’t. It needs you more than you need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff:Jan 16' #ReadingStash

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Omnibus Special Edition (Don't Sweat the Small Stuffs,  DSTSS at Work and  DSTSS about Money) After a boring day at the pad, i met up with my best friend (call her halfsies) over our traditional coffee and junk food session- which takes about 2-4 hours max, i was very glad she was back in the city coz i truly missed her. Anyway, after our our session we randomly decided to go the bookstore near my place to check out books - we never really planned to buy anything but lo and behold one book literally shined - and this is the book by Richard Carlson "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff", so i decided to buy it. Within an hour of reading the book, i was already feeling the aura of changing stuffs in my life, can you believe it that within an hour i was so damned into the book that i read 100 pages of it. God it so good. So i'll just leave it her, just so if anyone of you wants to ask me what book should you read to start the year right, i

Unsaid Thoughts

This is past few months has been quite challenging for me, my personal life is infact, a whirlwind in the literal sense, there's the moments of me almost giving up my job, for i dont feel very much compensated, i mean, dont get me wrong, i love the job i am in, it doesnt pay well but the experiences and the fact that though i am young, and i am able to handle different projects (several in fact) that young ones cannot chance upon, i love my job, the people i work with and my ever resilient, very powerful woman boss that i have. But as a millenial, there are moments when you even think if you even want to continue what you are doing, there are the quarter life crisis moments lingering at the back of your head, whispering fuck up thoughts telling you to quit and  move on, to a greener pasture perhaps? or maybe a job that will tell you that you are worth it and that you are important. You know, a girl gotta have her spare coins to waste, but in my case, i dont have any, i have bee

Lying to be Perfect

We are all Cinderella no matter what size, within each one of us there is unique beauty and grace. Finding that beauty, however, isn't easy. See, Cinderella had to first recognize that the problem wasn't her evil step mother. The problem was that it was easier to hide out cleaning the house than to go out and find happiness. She needed a fairy-godmother to empower her with the kind of self-confidence it takes to reject the insecurity brought on by unrealistic, over cheating, air brush, anorexic princess images in the media.  - Nola (Lying to be Perfect) Here I am, wrapped fabulously in my black aero shirt and skimpy leggings staring at my figure in a full mirror at my pad, yeah I guess this isn’t the best I could pull off from my disaster of a closet, but moreover the real reason I am blogging right now is that because I came into a conclusion in my life… and believe me when I tell you that this is a big thing for me. After watching the Cinderella Pact starring