Skip to main content

Table for two: Lolo Dad's Cafe in Malate, Manila


(photo from google)
"Based on a psychological study, a crush only lasts for a maximum of 4 months. If it exceeds, you are already in love." 


Now i can officially and truly say that it is love. 4 months of tears, petty quarrels, weekend LDRs, slow wifi connection, skype weekends, but most of all 4 months of LOVE. im very thankful to God, for giving me the better version of my prayer, my inspiration and my strength. 

For months now, we have been having dates here and there and a date wont be complete without our gastronomical adventure also known as "eating" (which y'all could see in my instagram account @manicole) ,and for our 4th month i decided to surprise him with a reservation far from our adventurous laid back palates... 

Lolo Dad's Cafe, located in taft (near us La Salle) Quirino. When we first arrived at the place the homey yet cozy yellow lit garden welcomed us, the old feel of 3 step cobblestone pathway gave the restaurant a classic home ambiance..it really made me happy coz i felt that my boyfriend was extra gentlemanly that night because he was assisting me walk upon the steps (with my high, literally high heels on) ... 

Menu

After giving our orders to the waiter, we were served with a basket of warm bread and our own roasted garlic butter spread which i feel like it has a hint of caviar or a meat lard. The spread was delicious, and the toasted garlicky thing that gives a bit of bitter taste made it awesome, yet I liked this very much. The bread was way too soft and moist to resist. 

cam-whoring while waiting for our food (sorry it was mi fault :)
i just cant let this moment pass us by without any photo


Bread


butter 

For our First Course (appetizer) we opted to order their famous tasting board



Seared Foie Gras with Asian Pear Confit Micro Salad on Duck Liver Chaud Froid,
Romaine Caesar Salad with Jamon SerranoSeafood Pot-au-feu and Ahi Tuna Loin and Marinated Salmon

Gourmet Salad of Langoustine and Prawns, Green Peas and Parmesan Cheese Veloute’ with Smoked Scallops Carpaccio, Soft Shell Crab Parmigiana with Keta Caviar Aioli , and last but not the least the FOIE GRAS

After our almost adventurous yet satisfying multi-polar taste of all flavors, Lolo Dads served us this very petite serving of Sorbet, the citrus flavored sorbet did the trick, it washed away all the sweetness, bitterness and what not in our mouths (and check out the dry ice effect and the small little tea pot cute!)



Sorbet(Citrus Sherbet)
For our main course i opted to get the modest portion of this heavenly baby...

Herb De Provence Crusted Rack of Lamb  Three Cheese Risotto( Roquefort, Gruyere and Parmesan)

Forty Melted Garlic and Tomato Confit’


and just because i know him a little to well, i have already foreseen that he'll get this one, for one he is one of the biggest meat lover i know, yeah aside from my family, and second, manly as he is, the regular portion of this will surely fit a guy of his kind... and last but not the least since he himself is a self confessed foodie (but not the kind who takes pictures like me..haha) his tastebuds surely did a prediction of his choice...so he got this one.

U.S. Angus Beef Tenderloin, Eye of Rib Eye and Corned Ox-Togue Soft Potatoes and Cepes Mushroom Sauce




Check him out savoring his plate...




“Sampler of Chocolates” for our Dessert
White chocolate brulee, Dark chocolate terrine,
Chocolate mousseline and Chocolate Praline ice cream

This night was a memorable one for me, atleast maybe for the both of us, because we had to glam up a bit for our date and this one doesnt require any rubber shoes or ear plugs so you wont hear the bickerings of people in malls, that night was our night, where we got to enjoy the artful way of serving and consuming food and just enjoy the company of each other in a table for two.

So for all the couples out there, dont miss the chance to experience this kinds of dates wherein people dress up and go to "fine dining" restaurants... coz at the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether the food is expensive, coz at lolo dad's what you really pay for is the experience.


love,




p.s - yes this is our obligatory picture :))



Lolo Dad's Cafe is located at 899 Pres. Qurino Ave. cor. Leon Guinto St., Malate Manila. 
Make a reservation first by calling them at 522-2941, 524-2295, 526-7151.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff:Jan 16' #ReadingStash

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Omnibus Special Edition (Don't Sweat the Small Stuffs,  DSTSS at Work and  DSTSS about Money) After a boring day at the pad, i met up with my best friend (call her halfsies) over our traditional coffee and junk food session- which takes about 2-4 hours max, i was very glad she was back in the city coz i truly missed her. Anyway, after our our session we randomly decided to go the bookstore near my place to check out books - we never really planned to buy anything but lo and behold one book literally shined - and this is the book by Richard Carlson "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff", so i decided to buy it. Within an hour of reading the book, i was already feeling the aura of changing stuffs in my life, can you believe it that within an hour i was so damned into the book that i read 100 pages of it. God it so good. So i'll just leave it her, just so if anyone of you wants to ask me what book should you read to start the year right, i

Unsaid Thoughts

This is past few months has been quite challenging for me, my personal life is infact, a whirlwind in the literal sense, there's the moments of me almost giving up my job, for i dont feel very much compensated, i mean, dont get me wrong, i love the job i am in, it doesnt pay well but the experiences and the fact that though i am young, and i am able to handle different projects (several in fact) that young ones cannot chance upon, i love my job, the people i work with and my ever resilient, very powerful woman boss that i have. But as a millenial, there are moments when you even think if you even want to continue what you are doing, there are the quarter life crisis moments lingering at the back of your head, whispering fuck up thoughts telling you to quit and  move on, to a greener pasture perhaps? or maybe a job that will tell you that you are worth it and that you are important. You know, a girl gotta have her spare coins to waste, but in my case, i dont have any, i have bee

Lying to be Perfect

We are all Cinderella no matter what size, within each one of us there is unique beauty and grace. Finding that beauty, however, isn't easy. See, Cinderella had to first recognize that the problem wasn't her evil step mother. The problem was that it was easier to hide out cleaning the house than to go out and find happiness. She needed a fairy-godmother to empower her with the kind of self-confidence it takes to reject the insecurity brought on by unrealistic, over cheating, air brush, anorexic princess images in the media.  - Nola (Lying to be Perfect) Here I am, wrapped fabulously in my black aero shirt and skimpy leggings staring at my figure in a full mirror at my pad, yeah I guess this isn’t the best I could pull off from my disaster of a closet, but moreover the real reason I am blogging right now is that because I came into a conclusion in my life… and believe me when I tell you that this is a big thing for me. After watching the Cinderella Pact starring