Skip to main content

my BER feelings: One Day...

It's been months of whirlwind feelings, lack of trust, losing friends-them moving forward and me staying behind, blending with new people and trying to find where i belong kind of ber-months. It seems that there has been some days when i feel like the momentum crashes down my face like how the wind blows, some days are like gah. like nothing is new, like every single day is just a reply of how it used to be. Every single day for the past months, i honestly tried to pave the way for my feelings to pour, but nothing seems to go right, yes there are things that i did right (because that is what we are suppose to do), but there are still things i hope for but of course i didn't get. Sometimes i feel like something is holding me back to reach whatever place I'm suppose to be, there are opportunities that i feel like, dude that belongs to me! but its still isn't mine, i guess my moment hasn't really come. The feeling of accomplishment, the feeling of belonging or minding my moment and feeling that everything is at the palm of my hands kind of feeling, but to hell with it, its still not mine, period. still not yours gal. 

Maybe there will come a time, when people will look at me in a way that they will say, hey she deserves that!, i hope someday people will understand why i try so hard to make things perfect, to make things memorable, someday i hope they will remember me, not as that person that let moments/opportunities passed by, but the girl who did her everything to make things right. to make events memories. maybe someday ill feel that spotlight, but for now maybe ill just let life pass me by as if i was use to it.

Sometimes, my frustrations go a little way over the top, i see people succeeding in life, being promoted, being acknowledge of things they didn't even do, sometimes i feel like i just wanna shout to the world that i was a part of that, i made that happen, i worked hard for years to make that happen, but i sure can't cause if there is one thing that Ive learned from my current boss, it is that sometime people need not be in the spotlight, people need not be acknowledge on stage nor be given shout outs to the world of what they did, though it may be the most heart wrenching, emotionally draining process of working hard and of sleepless nights..., because at the end of the day people will never understand, they will never remember everything you did for them, cause as he says, we are only soldiers, soldiers that are made and born for battles, we are not the generals in the limelight, we are the only ones who pulls the strings, make things happen, but we will never be the one in front of the crowd to take a bow. With my current boss' leadership, Ive learned to be humble, to keep myself grounded, to bow if needed and to fall in line in the shadows if we have to. I am but a soldier for my work's battle. I am a pawn willing to take a bullet and sacrifice myself to make something bigger than reality possible.

One day, i promise myself that if i become a general with a battleship of my own, i will always acknowledge the people behind that curtains, the people who've sacrificed everything for the benefit of success. One day i wont be the one behind the shadows, i wont be the skeleton. I wont be the bones. I will be the one in front of the crowd, in the moment, in the memory. Tho i screech for this moments of being a soldier, i know it will help me keep myself grounded, for this is my foundation, this is my process. Coz One day i know i will be that. One day.



One Day. 


B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff:Jan 16' #ReadingStash

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Omnibus Special Edition (Don't Sweat the Small Stuffs,  DSTSS at Work and  DSTSS about Money) After a boring day at the pad, i met up with my best friend (call her halfsies) over our traditional coffee and junk food session- which takes about 2-4 hours max, i was very glad she was back in the city coz i truly missed her. Anyway, after our our session we randomly decided to go the bookstore near my place to check out books - we never really planned to buy anything but lo and behold one book literally shined - and this is the book by Richard Carlson "Dont Sweat the Small Stuff", so i decided to buy it. Within an hour of reading the book, i was already feeling the aura of changing stuffs in my life, can you believe it that within an hour i was so damned into the book that i read 100 pages of it. God it so good. So i'll just leave it her, just so if anyone of you wants to ask me what book should you read to start the year right, i

Unsaid Thoughts

This is past few months has been quite challenging for me, my personal life is infact, a whirlwind in the literal sense, there's the moments of me almost giving up my job, for i dont feel very much compensated, i mean, dont get me wrong, i love the job i am in, it doesnt pay well but the experiences and the fact that though i am young, and i am able to handle different projects (several in fact) that young ones cannot chance upon, i love my job, the people i work with and my ever resilient, very powerful woman boss that i have. But as a millenial, there are moments when you even think if you even want to continue what you are doing, there are the quarter life crisis moments lingering at the back of your head, whispering fuck up thoughts telling you to quit and  move on, to a greener pasture perhaps? or maybe a job that will tell you that you are worth it and that you are important. You know, a girl gotta have her spare coins to waste, but in my case, i dont have any, i have bee

Lying to be Perfect

We are all Cinderella no matter what size, within each one of us there is unique beauty and grace. Finding that beauty, however, isn't easy. See, Cinderella had to first recognize that the problem wasn't her evil step mother. The problem was that it was easier to hide out cleaning the house than to go out and find happiness. She needed a fairy-godmother to empower her with the kind of self-confidence it takes to reject the insecurity brought on by unrealistic, over cheating, air brush, anorexic princess images in the media.  - Nola (Lying to be Perfect) Here I am, wrapped fabulously in my black aero shirt and skimpy leggings staring at my figure in a full mirror at my pad, yeah I guess this isn’t the best I could pull off from my disaster of a closet, but moreover the real reason I am blogging right now is that because I came into a conclusion in my life… and believe me when I tell you that this is a big thing for me. After watching the Cinderella Pact starring